Visit us over and over. We are always changing…and FREE with admission!The Learning Center is a welcoming exhibition and activity space for children of all ages to:
- enjoy art projects that change with each exhibition
- create sculptures, paintings, collages, and more
- learn about art through games, puzzles, and activities
- read stories about art and the visual world
- see original picture book art–each new exhibition features work by renowned artists such as Eric Carle, Jerry Pinkney, Peter Sís, and William Wegman, to name a few
The Learning Center is open to the public for drop-in use during Museum hours. Please call before your visit; The Learning Center is periodically closed for special events, school groups, and workshops. 914-232-9555
Free Learning Center Programs
Picture This! Saturday Story TimeBe inspired by great children’s book stories and illustrations, read to families by special guests. Then, create artwork in the Learning Center. Visit our events calendar for a schedule.
What Do You See?Be sure to ask for the Hunt Sheet/Family Guide so that young visitors can enjoy the main galleries through discovery games and information that stirs curiosity.
Visit our events calendar for upcoming family activities